A gun safe is a perfect solution for storing guns and related objects that prevent unauthorized access. Leaving guns in the home can be extremely dangerous, especially when dealing with children. For this reason, it is essential to avoid unpleasant thefts or accidents to find dangerous weapons in a safe and discreet location.
The gun case varies from person to person and from function to function. So, finding a gun safe is not an easy task and takes lots of time. In this article, we have highlighted the best gun safe under 300 that will best suit your needs.
Will A Gun Safe Survive A House Fire?
It is totally depended on the protection and case quality of the gun safe. A gun safe must have a minimum one hour fire survive capacity. Otherwise, it will not survive a house fire. Also, lean steel safes are not suitable for surviving fire. So, a gun safe must have the heavy-duty fireproof steel construction to survive a house fire.
Note: Here, we have discussed the fire-safe feature of a gun safe. If you want to know more about gun safety, you can go through do I need a gun safe?
Table of Content:
Below is the table of content for your quick overview:
- 5 Best Gun Safe Under 300
- 1. V-Line Quick Access Keyless Shotgun Safe
- 2. Vaultek VT10i Lightweight Biometric Handgun Bluetooth Smart Safe
- 3. GunVault MultiVault Quick Access Large Gun Safe with Illuminated No-Eyes Digital Keypad
- 4. SentrySafe QAP1BE Gun Safe with Biometric Lock, 1 Capacity
- 5. Awesafe Gun Safe with Fingerprint Identification and Biometric Lock One Handgun Capacity
- What To Consider Before Buying A Gun Safe Under 300?
If you want to see the features of our selected gun safes at a glimpse, you can go by the comparison chart below:
V-Line Quick Access Keyless Shotgun Safe
Vaultek VT10i Lightweight Biometric Handgun Bluetooth Smart Safe
GunVault MultiVault Quick Access Large Gun Safe with Illuminated No-Eyes Digital Keypad
SentrySafe QAP1BE Gun Safe with Biometric Lock, 1 Capacity
awesafe Gun Safe with Fingerprint Identification and Biometric Lock One Handgun Capacity
5 Best Gun Safe Under 300
Choosing a gun safe is a challenging job for different sizes and systems. Here, we have reviewed the 5 best gun safe under $300 dollars that will meet your demands. Let’s have a look below.
1. V-Line Quick Access Keyless Shotgun Safe
V-Line Quick Access Keyless Shotgun Safe comes with a high-grade keyless lock that provides high security and safety. It has two extra locks that ensure more security to the user when quick access is not needed. It is made of sturdy 16ga. steel and designed to keep a shotgun that can be placed anywhere in your house. Also, it has mount holes that are pre-punched to make mounting simply.
The safe has a hence that can be opened from the top or front side to hang it on the wall or door. It weighs about 26 pounds, and the size is 1180 sq. Inches so you can carry it for hinting and other outdoor activities if you have a license. You can smoothly open the door by pulling down the knob. It has a correct corrode free inhibitor that keeps your gun rust free.
It has a 5 digit button that offers up to 1081 times password changing facilities that are hard to understand. It is easy to use in an emergency case with mechanical locks. Also, its powdered low glossy coating provides a textured finish that makes the safe last longer with durability.
V-Line Quick Access Features:
- It comes with a high-grade keyless lock and two keyed locks that provide extra high security.
- The total weight of the safe is about 36 pounds, so you can easily take with you if you need it.
- The top and front hence that allows us to hang on the door and wall.
- It is constructed with 16ga. steel that ensures corrosion-free storage.
- It has 5 digit password lock that can be changed up to 1081 times.
2. Vaultek VT10i Lightweight Biometric Handgun Bluetooth Smart Safe
Vaultek VT10i comes with smart, safe technology that can be used from a smartphone’s Bluetooth with a free vaultek app. It has a biometric fingerprint lock and keypad lock that allows fast access to the gun and things stored inside. The sensor is highly restorable and can store up to 20 fingerprints with secured ID proof. The keypads are designed with backlit that helps to put the password at night.
Its weight is 6 pounds and easy to carry as a briefcase so that it can be considered as the lightweight gun safe. Also, it has a rechargeable li-ion battery that charges in 2.5 hours and provides power up to 120 days. It has a USB charging kit to charge up the safe. You can store a compact gun, documents, cash, and other personal items easily with high security.
The safe has 7 anti-theft security systems that ensure protection. You can change the key password over 40000 times that allows you to stay more secure. With the Bluetooth app, you can see the battery percentage, indicate tamper, toggle sound, interior lighting adjust, logs, and manage fingerprint. For more security, it is equipped with 4 foot long 5mm steel cable to lock up the safe in the home.
Vaultek VT10i Lightweight Features:
- The safe comes with 7 different anti-theft system that provides high security and safety.
- It has a high secured fingerprint sensor and illuminated password key that allows you to change for more security.
- With the Bluetooth app, it allows us to see the battery status, sound, logs, adjust interior lighting, and manage fingerprint.
- It has a long-lasting Li-ion battery that charges in 2.5 hours and provides power 120 days.
- Its weight is 6 pounds, which makes it very compact and easy to carry as a briefcase.
3. GunVault MultiVault Quick Access Large Gun Safe with Illuminated No-Eyes Digital Keypad
GunVault MultiVault Quick Access Large Gun Safe comes with 4 no eyes keypad that helps to unlock the safe quickly, even in the dark places. It has extra backup keys to unlock the safe on emergency time. Also, it is constructed with heavy-duty gauge steel that prevents tamper and ensures durability. The feature makes it the best long gun safe for the money.
It provides 20% faster access to guns with its auto slide-out drawer that takes it to new heights. It has interior red colored LED lighting that will improve your confidence level in low light. Also, it has tough security, so it is impossible to open with pry tools. It weighs only 16.5 pounds, so you can easily take with you or keep safe in the closet in your bedroom.
It has a battery that charges within a few hours and runs for 2/3 days. It makes sounds when the battery percentage becomes low. You can store 4 pistols or shotguns with a few documents in the safe. Also, it has a mount that helps to hang or lock up the safe in the house.
GunVault MultiVault Features:
- It has 4 no-eyes illuminated keypad that helps to unlock the safe in dark areas.
- The groundbreaking auto slide drawer provides 20% faster access to the gun.
- It has extra backup keys that help to unlock the safe on an emergency case.
- Its security is very tough that is impossible to break with pry tools.
- The inner red colored LED light helps to unlock the safe at the dark place.
4. SentrySafe QAP1BE Gun Safe with Biometric Lock, 1 Capacity
SentrySafe QAP1BE Gun Safe came with a biometric fingerprint lock and keyed password lock that provides secured gun storage. It is constructed with solid steel that weighs 12 pounds that ensure durability and easy to carry anywhere. Its interior area is 142 cube inches that allow one to accommodate one pistol. Also, it has backup keys that help to unlock the safe on emergency.
The small biometric gun safe has a gas strut that helps to open it silently and quickly. You can access the gun with its single-handed door. The digital keypads are illuminated with backlit that helps to unlock the safe in the dark area. It has soft interior foam that prevents gun damage and quiet operation. Also, it has a bolt down kit that ensures maximum security.
It has AA-sized rechargeable alkaline batteries that have guaranteed 8 to 10 years expiration that ensure a long time lifespan. Its horizontal position allows one to pull the gun quickly. With a gun, you can store documents or cash in the safe. It is California DOJ approved and ensures the safety of your gun. After all, it is the best gun safe under 300.
SentrySafe QAP1BE Features:
- It has 3 types of lock: Key, electric, and biometric fingerprint methods that provide extra security.
- Its 12 gauge solid steel finishing that ensures durability with a professional look.
- The AA-sized rechargeable alkaline battery allows us to run the safe for 8 to 10 years.
- It has soft interior padding that provides durable protection for the gun from damage.
- The bolt down kit prevents the safe from theft and ensures maximum security.
5. Awesafe Gun Safe with Fingerprint Identification and Biometric Lock One Handgun Capacity
Awesafe Gun Safe comes with an electric, key, and biometric fingerprint lock that provide high security. The fingerprint lock system is more advanced and faster than others, so you can easily get access to your gun. It can record up to 30 fingerprints so that it can be considered as the best fingerprint gun safe. Also, its electronic lock and keypad provide zero feedback, silent unlocking access.
It has compressive gas pillars that allow you to open the lid automatically with single-handed access. Its blue interior lighting provides clear visibility to pull your guns in dark places. Also, it has backlit on the password key that allows unlocking the safe at night. It is made with 18 gauge solid steel that prevents unauthorized access by providing strength and high-level security.
The safe has 4 AA sized rechargeable alkaline batteries that run for 2/3 days on a full charge. Its anti-impact latch and interior sponge prevents gun damage. Also, it can be placed in the desk drawer due to its compact design. You can easily change the setting with a button.
Awesafe Gun Safe Features:
- The safe has a key, electric, and fingerprint lock that ensure high security and prevent theft.
- It is constructed with 18 gauge steel that provides durability and long-lasting performance.
- Its 4 rechargeable AA sized battery provides power to safe for 2/3 days on a full charge.
- It has a gas strut that helps to open the lid and access the gun quickly.
- The interior blue colored lighting helps to pull the guns in the dark area.
What To Consider Before Buying A Gun Safe Under 300?
A gun safe is an ideal solution for storing and securing weapons. Before buying a gun safe, you should consider some important factors that will help you to get the right and safe one.
A gun safe must be equipped with high-security systems such as armored door, tear-proof hinges, or shatterproof glass. Some models come with a fingerprint scanner that allows you to keep your gun under protection. So, please choose the one that has a high-security system so that an intruder cannot access it.
It must be equipped with stock support and rod support with scratch-resistant materials such as polyethylene. Before purchasing, it is important to make sure that space and case are suitable for holding the gun that you have. Some allow keeping 2 or more guns in the gun safe. So, it is important to check how many guns it can accommodate.
The gun safe must be made with resist materials, which allow you to preserve weapons and documents from humidity and temperature variations. If water goes inside the gun safe, your gun will be rusted. So, you should check the inside materials, and it should be leak-proof when closed.
Weight is the other most important factor. Heavy gun safes are safe from the lighter one because it is hard to remove from home by carrying in hand so that your gun safe will remain safe from theft.
There are two types of lock systems: manual lock and electromagnetic lock. The manual lock worked with a key that is provided by the manufacturer. On the other hand, the electromagnetic lock works with a biometric fingerprint lock that is safe and secured that the manual one. So, choose according to your comfortability.
If you have to choose the one that has an electric system, then you will need a reliable power source. It should have enough powerful rechargeable battery that lasts for 2/3 days.
Note: In this section, we have presented a guide to buying a gun safe. If you want to know about buying a gun safe, you can read how to choose a gun safe?
Why Should You Buy A Gun Safe Under 300?
For several advantages, you should buy a gun safe that will protect you and your family members from unexpected occurrences. The advantages are:
- A gun safe ensures the protection of your gun from various theft activities. They come with an unbreakable and high-security system that prevents theft so your collection will not get lost.
- Open guns are a risk for children because they don’t know the use of a gun. Kids are very naughty, and they can do anything that will be dangerous in the case of poorly stored guns. So, a gun safe helps to keeps the gun secured and eliminate the risk from children.
- A gun safe is not only for guns but also safe for storing jewelry, cash, and important documents. So, you will stay safe from theft and loss.
- Maximum insurance companies do not cover the guns that don’t have a gun safe. So, a gun safe is essential for getting insurance coverage with certification that will help you in the case of theft or damage.
- Keeping a gun in an open place is a violation of rules. In this case, a gun safe will protect your rights and keep you secured from tragedy.
For these reasons, you should buy a gun safe. So, you can buy the best one for our above-reviewed gun safes.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here we have covered some answers to frequently asked questions about gun safety.
Can a gun safe be kept in garage?
No. It is recommended to avoid places like the garage for placing gun safes because it may be dangerous for anyone. You can place the gun safe in your bedroom closet that ensures more safety.
Is 14 gauge steel good for gun safe?
Cheap-end metal like 14 gauge steel is not safe for gun safe. You can go for at least 18 to 20 gauge steel for gun safe.
Are gun safes bad for guns?
The good quality gun safes aren’t bad for guns. If you buy a cheap one, it will be bad for your guns. All good quality gun safes are made with anti-rust products that prevent corrodes inside and outside of the gun safe.
Do I need a fireproof gun safe?
There is no fireproof gun safe in the market. The bullets can be blasted when it comes connected with the fire of your house. So, keep a fire extinguisher in the house to stay safe from fire.
Is 30 minute fire protection enough?
30 minutes of protection will be safe for guns. But, gun safes will not protect guns, documents, etc. from fire if it heats up for a long time.
A gun safe is the safest box to protect your gun from unauthorized access. It allows you to comfortably accommodate small arms, large rifles, and their respective ammunition.
So, I would like to recommend SentrySafe QAP1BE Gun Safe as the best gun safe under 300 that has 3 types of locking systems to ensure high security. It is made with solid steel construction and interior foam protection that protect guns from damage. Also, its bolt down kit prevents the safe from theft by stabilizing it in your house. It has a gas pillar that allows you to get access to the gun quickly with advanced protection.