A common myth related to hunting with the rifle scopes is that you need to have a costly rifle scope if you want to have the perfect hunting experience. But a large number of people are using rifle scopes that cost even less than 400 bucks and have proved that the ongoing myth is wrong. Considering the fact, we have come up with a list of the best rifle scope under 400 that will change the whole game.
We have organized the list by including different brands and models of rifle scopes so that you can have a lot of alternatives. One of the best parts of these rifle scopes is that every model is proven to offer you superior hunting experience, and a large number of users have been using these rifle scopes because of their higher performance. So let’s get started with the review now and see which one turns the best for you.
How Do I Set Up My Rifle Scope For Sighting?
You can easily and effortlessly set up your rifle scope for sighting. To help you out, we have provided below seven easy techniques by following which you can conveniently set up your rifle scope for the perfect sighting:
- Ensure the proper installation of your rifle scope
- Adjust eye distance
- Get the perfect level.
- Align the reticle correctly.
- Set your MOA (Minute of Angle)
- Fire three-shot groups
- Keep adjusting
Note: In the above section, we have briefly highlighted how you can set up your rifle for sighting. But if you want to learn about how to use a scope for long-range shooting, you can read the article here.
Table of content:
We have added this table of content for you so that you will be able to have quick navigation. If you want to get an overview of this writing at a quick glance, you can use this table of content.
- How Do I Set Up My Rifle Scope For Sighting?
- Best Rifle Scope Under 400 Dollars For Your Gun Reviews 2020
- 1. Leupold VX-1 3-9x40mm Compact Waterproof Fogproof Riflescope, Matte Black
- 2. Sightmark Triple Duty M4 1-6×24 CDX Riflescope
- 3. Athlon Optics, Argos BTR, Riflescope, 6-24 x 50 First Focal Plane (FFP) 30 mm Tube
- 4. Monstrum G2 6-24×50 First Focal Plane FFP Rifle Scope with Illuminated Rangefinder
- 5. Vortex Optics Diamondback 4-12×40 Second Focal Plane Riflescope
- What To Consider Before Buying A Rifle Scope Under 400?
- Why Should You Buy A Rifle Scope Under $400 dollars?
Below comparison chart is for your convenience so that you will be able to compare different rifle scope models quickly and easily. So take a look at the comparison chart and make a quick decision.
Leupold VX-1 3-9x40mm Compact Waterproof Fogproof Riflescope, Matte Black
Sightmark Triple Duty M4 1-6x24 CDX Riflescope
Athlon Optics , Argos BTR, Riflescope, 6-24 x 50 First Focal Plane (FFP) 30 mm Tube, Illuminated APMR MIL Reticle,
Monstrum G2 6-24x50 First Focal Plane FFP Rifle Scope with Illuminated Rangefinder Reticle and Parallax Adjustment
Vortex Optics Diamondback 4-12x40 Second Focal Plane Riflescope - Dead-Hold BDC Reticle (MOA) with Baseball Hat
Best Rifle Scope Under 400 Dollars For Your Gun Reviews 2020
Below are the explanation of the top 5 best rifle scope under $400 dollars
1. Leupold VX-1 3-9x40mm Compact Waterproof Fogproof Riflescope, Matte Black
Leupold VX-1 3-9x40mm Compact Waterproof Fogproof Riflescope is such a well-fitted rifle scope that is ideal for any situation or environment with a versatile 3:1 zoom ratio erector system. This means you will get a three times larger image of your target in this model. Through the perfect zooming feature of this rifle scope, you will be able to focus the target very clearly and comfortably.
The optical performance of this riflescope is really outstanding, which will offer you optimal clarity all over the field of view. This unit will provide you authentic color transmission and reduced glare with the coated optical surfaces. Another good part is that this riflescope comes with 1/4 MOA precision finger click adjustments that let you adjust windage and elevation as much frequently as you want.
The aircraft-grade aluminum alloy construction has made this unit highly durable. The Leupold Compact scope is so lightweight and convenient size that it will fit hunting belongings and hands wonderfully. Another good thing is that you will be able to use this unit very roughly, and it will not get any issue even year after year. The fog proof and waterproof features will offer you added advantage in use.
Leupold VX-1 3-9x40mm Features:
- The multicoated 4 lens system will offer you perfect performance even in extremely low-light conditions.
- It also offers optimal clarity, extraordinary contrast, and a super bright picture in any environment.
- 30 mm main tubes will deliver you enough spaces to enjoy a lot of features such as wide adjustment ranges and others.
- You will be able to switch between the bigger picture and the finer details using the versatile zoom ration feature.
- Using the distinct finger-clicks, you will be able to compensate for windage and bullet drop.
2. Sightmark Triple Duty M4 1-6×24 CDX Riflescope
Sightmark Triple Duty M4 1-6×24 CDX Riflescope comes with the precision multi-coated optics to offer you thorough clarity and optimal details. The color transmission you will get from this riflescope is fully authentic and incredibly perfect. The cutting edge glass, along with the lens coatings of this unit, will ensure the most accurate performance that you will hardly get from any other riflescope in the market.
Along with the mil-dot reticle, Sightmark Triple Duty scope also comes with other triple duty reticles such as circle dot reticle, circle dot duplex reticle, and dot duplex reticle. All these reticles help you get perfection in your job. The job of the circle dot reticle is to provide you accurate shooting results at any level of magnification. That means you get hunting perfection regardless of the magnification level.
The circle dot duplex reticle offers reticle contrast against the background in even the low light conditions along with its capability of offering accurate shooting results at any level of magnification as like the circle dot reticle. And the dot duplex reticle offers a keen aiming point for extra accuracy gain during your shooting. So the combined actions of these three reticles help you get the best results.
Sightmark Triple Duty Features:
- This riflescope will offer you a wider field of view to allow you to get better accuracy while shooting.
- It comes with the finest adjustment lock that also comes with the 1/2” MOA locking turrets.
- The internal lit mil-dot reticles will help you successfully make all the accurate shots.
- The front diopter adjustment of this riflescope is very helpful in getting you a perfect hunting experience.
- It’s wonderfully lightweight, waterproof, and shockproof, so you get your desired performance.
3. Athlon Optics, Argos BTR, Riflescope, 6-24 x 50 First Focal Plane (FFP) 30 mm Tube
If you look for a riflescope with all the advanced technologies and helpful features, then Athlon Optics Argos BTR Riflescope is for you. It comes with such a First Focal Plane (FFP) that stands accurate in every power setting so that you can fully utilize the specialty of reticle design. During your zooming in or out, it will let you get the perfect view by shrinking or growing along with your target.
One of the best parts of this riflescope is that you will get a fully multi-coated and advanced lens in this model that will provide you a better light transmission benefit so that you can bring the maximum brightness and genuine color. Along with this, you will get 4x magnifications in this scope that will allow you to get multiple shooting disciplines.
Utilizing the parallax adjustment knob of this scope, you will be able to fix the angle of two different moving points of your target. This will let you line up your target image wonderfully, and you will see it at your desired position so that you will get the maximum possibility of shooting down the target. Using the windage and elevation adjustments, you will also get the best performance.
Athlon Optics Features:
- The multi-coated optics will offer you incredibly clear and bright images, even in low light environments.
- The XPL coating of this unit will protect your lenses from dirt, dust, grease, etc.
- For protecting your rifle scope optics, it comes with an aircraft-grade aluminum tube.
- There are also a lot of built-in features that will help you easily adjust any shot you need to take.
- This riflescope is also waterproof and shockproof so that you can use it anywhere without any tension.
4. Monstrum G2 6-24×50 First Focal Plane FFP Rifle Scope with Illuminated Rangefinder
Monstrum G2 6-24×50 First Focal Plane FFP Rifle Scope is for those who are looking for a high performing riflescope with superior magnification, perfect objective lens, and outstanding eye relief. With the magnification feature of 6-24x and an objective lens of 50 mm, you will be able to make your hunting experience really wonderful. Along with these, you will also get an eye relief of 4 to 4.5 inches.
If you want to have a faster range estimation and superior holdover correction, then you must consider this riflescope. This is because the unit comes with a fully functional first focal plane reticle to offer you such estimation and correction. Along with this, you will also get the right precision in focusing your target with the help of the adjustable objective lens.
This premium riflescope will also offer you better reticle visibility during the night time or any low light environments with the performance of the reticle illumination feature that you can control with a touch button. This reticle illumination will show you different brightness intensities through the red and green light signals so that you can take further actions accordingly.
Monstrum G2 6-24×50 Features:
- It comes with 1/4 MOA click windage and elevation adjustments that will also allow you to reset the zero.
- With this riflescope, you will be able to target your victim at the distances of more than 1000 yards.
- You will get heavy-duty high profile scope rings with this riflescope.
- The waterproof and shockproof feature will allow you to use it in any weather condition.
- It also includes a honeycomb sunshade with detachable features and spring-loaded flip-up lens covers.
5. Vortex Optics Diamondback 4-12×40 Second Focal Plane Riflescope
Vortex Optics Diamondback 4-12×40 Second Focal Plane Riflescope is the ideal one when it comes to having the durable build quality, superior image quality, outstanding exposure, and feel of the turrets and the quick focusing eyepiece. This high-quality riflescope is perfect for beginners to pros to have the best hunting experience in your life through the perfect and combined performance of its different segments.
The long-range vortex scope comes with advanced and fully multi-coated optics that provide crystal clear and tack-sharp images in both the short-range and long-range. So no matter where your target stays, you get the perfect view of that. Along with this, the model also comes with the dead-hold BDC reticle that is customized in such a way, so you don’t need to depend on any guesswork on windage and holdover corrections.
This is the best vortex scope for hunting or shooting at varying ranges because it offers the best holdover estimation, range estimation, and wind drift correction. You will also get the improved accuracy and superior visual performance from this riflescope because of the maximum alignment of the single-piece tube. The overall performance you will get from this scope is truly unquestionable.
Vortex Optics Diamondback Features:
- The scope is constructed from a solid block of aircraft-grade aluminum that offers additional strength and rigidity.
- You will get the right tracking and exact repeatability with the precision glide erector system.
- The premium-grade aluminum alloy construction also makes the unit extremely resistant to magnum recoil.
- The second focal plane reticle of this unit will offer you the same size for every appearance.
- Because of the waterproof and shockproof features, you will be able to use it in any weather and environment.
What To Consider Before Buying A Rifle Scope Under 400?
You cannot buy a rifle scope randomly. Before buying the best rifle scope under 400, you must consider some important factors. Below are some of the factors that you should consider before buying one:
Magnification is one of the essential factors to consider before buying a rifle scope. Through this feature, you can multiply the vision of your eyes. If you want to shoot any moving target under 100 yards, you can consider buying a rifle scope with 3-9x magnification. But if you target more than 100 yards, you can consider magnification of 5-30x.
Objective Lens Size:
Objective lens size is another crucial aspect that you must consider before choosing a rifle scope. It measures how much light your scope will be able to transmit at a given period. The bigger the size of the objective lens, the brighter the image you can see through your unit. So depending on your budget and needs, you have to consider this aspect.
Weight is also a very important factor because it’s associated with the comfort levels of holding your rifle scope while hunting. A scope with overweight will make your task tough. So you have to choose the one that comes with lightweight.
Elevation or Windage Adjustment:
Elevation and windage adjustments help you to adjust the position of the impact of the bullets. These two adjustment options allow you to move the bullet’s point of impact from left to right and up to down. So these impact your hunting result. That’s why you should consider this factor importantly.
The reticle is also known as the crosshair of your rifle scope. This is another important factor because it lets you line up your shot in iron sights. The thickness of your reticle affects the precision level of your shot. So you should consider this aspect carefully before buying a rifle scope.
Note: In the above part, we have shortly described what you should consider before buying a rifle scope under 400. But if you want to know more details on how to choose a scope, you can read the article here.
Why Should You Buy A Rifle Scope Under $400 dollars?
There are always some important reasons for which you should buy a rifle scope under 400. The use and popularity of the rifle scopes are increasing because of their perfection in hunting tasks. No matter if you are a pro-level hunter or a beginner level hunter, you will gain your hunting goals easily with the help of the rifle scopes. Below are some of the reasons for which you should buy a rifle scope under 400 dollars:
- A quality rifle scope under 400 saves you money by providing higher-end performance.
- Regardless of your experience, it increases your productivity.
- It helps you bring more perfection in your hunting.
- A rifle scope trains you to be an expert shooter.
- It allows you to get near to the targets without being there.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a good scope for 100 yards?
UTG, Bushnell, Leupold, Vortex, Nikon, etc. are the producers of some of the good rifle scopes that you need for 100 yards.
What scope do I need for 200 yards?
Leupold VX-2 3-9x40mm Rifle Scope, Vortex Optics Crossfire II 3-9x40mm Rifle Scope, Nikon Buckmaster II 3-9x40mm Rifle Scope, UTG 3-12x44mm Compact Rifle Scope, etc. are some of the good rifle scopes that you need for 200 yards.
What scope do I need for 300 yards?
Leupold, Vortex, Nikon, UTG, Bushnell, etc. are the producers of some of the good rifle scopes that you need for 300 yards.
What scope should I use for 500 yards?
Nikon M-308 4-16x42mm BDC, Vortex Optics Crossfire II Rifle Scope, Leupold VX-3i 3.5-10x40mm rifle scope, Bushnell AR Optics 4.5-18×40mm rifle scope, etc. are some of the scopes that you should use for 500 yards.
Can you sight in a rifle at 25 yards?
Yes, it’s possible to sight in a rifle at 25 yards. But for that, you will need to follow some specific techniques.
There is no alternative to having a high performing rifle scope if you want to achieve your hunting goals cost-effectively. So you can choose any of the models from the list of the best rifle scope under 400. However, we would like to recommend the Leupold VX-1 3-9x40mm Riflescope because it comes with all the features that you need to make your hunting experience perfect.
The zooming ratio, finger click adjustment, water, and fog proof features, multi-coated lens system, etc. have made this unit an ideal one for all types of hunters. The versatility of the scope will amaze anyone. So we think investing in the riflescope will be one of the best decisions for you.