Many people think why a shotgun needs scope! But this sense is only possible for a mindless hunter who does not know much about turkey hunting. When you are using a shotgun and don’t want to miss any shot, you must need your shotgun scope. That’s why you are here to know about the best shotgun scope for turkey hunting. Hunting turkey is not an easy game. Turkey is a fast-moving target, and they instantly leave the area if they feel any threat from the surrounding.
When you are up for turkey hunting, you should be a rapid and accurate shooter. A scope can increase your range and help to reach the target dramatically. A perfect shotgun scope can save ammo, save on frustration, and save time.
Do You Use a Scope for Turkey Hunting?
There are quite a few causes to use a scope for turkey hunting. However, many professional or long-time shotgunners don’t need a scope for hunting doves, turkey, rabbits, ducks. They can easily take a shot accurately 30 or 40 yards away. However, usually shotgun is not perfect for precise aiming; they come without a rear sight.
Most shotguns have a front bead sight that can not take a precise shot for turkey hunting. If you use some of the best shotgun scope for turkey hunting, it can allow you to shoot long-range targets quickly. A shotgun scope can help you to take an instant shot and concentrate faster. You can use a scope for a shotgun to get an accurate and clean shot.
Table of Content:
If you are running out of time, you can read any section in a short time. Click the hyperlink to reach your destined section:
- Do You Use a Scope for Turkey Hunting?
- 6 Best Shotgun Scope for Turkey Hunting Reviews 2020
- 1. TRUGLO TruBrite 30 Hunter 30mm Compact Shotgun/Rifle Scope, 1-4 x 24mm
- 2. Bushnell Trophy TRS-25 Red Dot Sight Riflescope, 1x25mm, Black
- 3. TRUGLO 4x32mm Compact Rimfire and Shotgun Scope Series
- 4. Vortex Optics Diamondback Second Focal Plane Riflescopes
- 5. Ozark Armament Rhino Red Dot Sight – Green Dot Sight – Includes Picatinny Mount – Co-Witness – Reflex Rifle Sight
- 6. TRINITY 4×32 Rifle Shotgun Scope Mild Dot Reticle Optics Hunting
- Is There a Difference Between a Rifle Scope and a Shotgun Scope?
- Why Are Shotgun Scopes Are Best for Turkey Hunting?
- Final Word
You can go through this comparison chart to get a clear overview of our selected best shotgun.
TRUGLO TruBrite 30 Hunter 30mm Compact Shotgun/Rifle Scope, 1-4 x 24mm
Bushnell Trophy TRS-25 Red Dot Sight Riflescope, 1x25mm, Black
TRUGLO 4x32mm Compact Rimfire and Shotgun Scope Series
Vortex Optics Diamondback Second Focal Plane Riflescopes
Ozark Armament Rhino Red Dot Sight – Green Dot Sight – Includes Picatinny Mount – Co-Witness – Reflex Rifle Sight
TRINITY 4×32 Rifle Shotgun Scope Mild Dot Reticle Optics Hunting
6 Best Shotgun Scope for Turkey Hunting Reviews 2020
We carefully picked some of the best shotgun scope for turkey hunting. You can get precise aiming, concentrating intently to take down your target easily. Let’s start our discussion:
1. TRUGLO TruBrite 30 Hunter 30mm Compact Shotgun/Rifle Scope, 1-4 x 24mm
This one is an excellent scope for any shotgun or rifle with 1-4X magnification. It comes with two reticle colors to suit your background. The brightness adjustment ability provides flexibility to use this scope in bright or low light conditions. Its wide field of view makes it the best scopes for turkey hunting and ideal for deer, hog, and varmint hunting.
The most impressive fact about this scope is your target won’t lose from its large covering range. It has 3.75″ eye relief to ensure perfect brightness, clarity, and contrast. You can adjust the windage and elevation by its spring click adjustments.
Moreover, If you want to shoot any fast running animals, it won’t disappoint you with its 1/2-MOA windage. This scope is very durable and affordable. It can prevent rust, besides it is fog proof, nitrogen gas-filled so that you can use it in any weather condition.
TRUGLO TruBrite Features:
- It has a red and green color reticle to fit any background and see your target point clearly.
- This scope has an anti-reflective and fully coated lens that provides maximum clarity and visibility.
- You can easily mount or dismount this scope with any shotgun or rifles with its easy mounting set up.
- It is made of an aircraft-grade aluminum tube, which is very lightweight and durable but withstands any harsh weather conditions.
- This scope is shock resistance and water resistance, and a 24 mm lens has a bright and large view field.
2. Bushnell Trophy TRS-25 Red Dot Sight Riflescope, 1x25mm, Black
This is one of the best sellers and a highly adaptable scope that can fit various shotgun and rifles types. This matt black scope has a 3 MOA Dot reticle and 11 level brightness adjustment. It comes with a 1 x 25mm red dot pointer for an accurate shot every time.
Besides, This scope can acquire an accuracy target, even in low light. Its amber-bright optics is very powerful and offers a large viewing angle. This lightweight and compact scope is considered the best shotgun scope for turkey hunting in autumn.
Moreover, this scope is equipped with multi-coated optics, which is anti-reflective and ensures proper view in very low-light conditions. Its durable construction is shockproof, and it can withstand bumps, bangs, drops with ease. This scope is 100% waterproof, even if it is immersed in water. It is a fog-proof scope, and it is purged with nitrogen.
Bushnell Trophy Features:
- The most suitable scope for low light hunting, brightness adjustability ensures a clear view every time.
- It has a multi-coated lens that is anti-reflective and prevents disclosure of your location to your target.
- It’s durable metal housing shock and water-resistant, and it can withstand bumps, bangs smoothly.
- This scope has a reliable and easy eye relief feature that makes it suitable for two eye use.
- Easy mount, dismount feature let it use with most Picatinny rails, and you can use it with pistols, shotguns, rifles, and more.
3. TRUGLO 4x32mm Compact Rimfire and Shotgun Scope Series
This truglo shotgun scope ensures incredible clarity and focuses on the short and long-range. Its aluminum alloy housing is very lightweight but durable enough to last for a long time. It comes with a black matte finish and anti-reflective design, which is scratch and shockproof.
Besides, It is equipped with a 4x32mm lens, which is multi-coated. This premium quality lens can allow you to use this scope for turkey or any other hunting. This scope is configured with a diamond reticle, that is very effective and beneficial for deer or hog hunting.
Moreover, This one has a dual reticle and 3/8″ scope mounting ring suitable for any shotgun, rimfire, or air rifle. Its functional design can allow you to take down your target more quickly. This scope has low light adjustability to use it in the dusk.
TRUGLO 4x32mm Features:
- Its non-reflective black matt finish is scratch and shockproof that can prevent reflection from opposite sunlight.
- This scope has a multi-coated lens that can offer you a clear and long-range viewing field.
- It has a duplex diamond reticle, that is clearly visible and easy to change according to your background.
- This scope has a durable and lightweight built that can work well with any harsh weather conditions.
- Its rubber eye guard can protect your eye and let you use this scope in both eyes.
4. Vortex Optics Diamondback Second Focal Plane Riflescopes
This well-made optic from Vortex is very useful for dusk to dawn hunting. It has a lovely and solid construction that is made of aircraft-grade aluminum. The premium materials construction is very lightweight yet long-lasting. Its extensive covering range makes it an ideal scope for long-range hunting like deer or turkey hunting.
Besides, Its durable construction can fit with different types of guns. You can use this scope with a rifle, shotgun, and big guns to give an example. It has a BDC reticle that is perfect for any long or short-range shooting. You can get crystal clear visibility with the multi-coated lens.
Also, This scope has precision turrets that offer zero resets after sight-in every time. Besides, it’s a glide erector system that can provide accurate tracking to get a precise result. It has argon purged O-ring sealed scope, which prevents the lens from being foggy for a lifetime.
Vortex Optics Diamondback Features:
- Vortex Optics Diamondback scope is very well made and durable; it can serve long-lasting performance.
- It comes with a multi-coated lens that can offer you a large viewing field with easy adjustment.
- This scope has premium-quality aircraft-grade aluminum construction that is very lightweight and easy to carry.
- It has a glide erector system, and precision turrets ensure accurate tracking and repeatability.
- This scope has a hard-anodized finish that makes it shockproof as well as weather resistant.
5. Ozark Armament Rhino Red Dot Sight – Green Dot Sight – Includes Picatinny Mount – Co-Witness – Reflex Rifle Sight
Ozark Armament Rhino scope is one of the best red dot scope for turkey shotgun. Besides, you can use this scope for hunting deer, hog, or any other animals in autumn. The scope is affordable, but it can be perfectly used in various guns. Its ultra-rugged design can withstand any rough weather conditions.
The scope has two reticle options to choose from red and green according to your comfort. It comes with an impressive multi-coated 35mm lens that has five-level brightness adjustability to hunt dusk to dawn. The lens is sealed to prevent dust, water, and even fog.
Moreover, this adjustable and accurate red dot scope could ensure a long-range viewing filled. Its low power consumption design can provide 3000 hours of continuous usage.
Ozark Armament Rhino Features:
- It has easy windage and elevation adjustability, and it is easy to obtain an accurate zero with this scope.
- You can use this dustproof and waterproof scope anywhere; it doesn’t matter how rough the weather condition is.
- Its enhanced field of view and parallax-free glass allows you to take shots incredibly fast.
- The scope is equipped with 4 MOA accuracy, ensuring a reliable and accurate shoot every time.
- Ozark Armament Rhino scope is made of premium material that is very durable and long-lasting.
6. TRINITY 4×32 Rifle Shotgun Scope Mild Dot Reticle Optics Hunting
This TRINITY shotgun scope is the perfect shotgun scope in an affordable range. It is a red dot scope, and it is ideal for hunting deer, turkey, or any other animals. You can use this scope to take down a target from 150 yards distance easily. Its large viewing field and functional design are perfect for anyone who loves hunting or hunt game.
The most fantastic feature of this scope is it can withstand constant heavy recoil. It comes with aircraft-grade aluminum construction, and that is very insubstantial and durable. You can carry and use this scope in any weather condition. Its shock-resistant housing can protect these scopes from falling apart with the heavy shooting.
Moreover, a rangefinder reticle can help you to track long-range targets more efficiently. This scope is equipped with a multi-coated lens that is anti-reflective and fog, water-resistant. You can use this scope without any modifications with a different type of rifle or shotgun.
TRINITY 4×32 Features:
- This long-range scope can cover a large viewing field to ensure a perfect hunting experience.
- The brightness-adjustable lens is multi-coated, and it can reduce internal reflections.
- It is made to last for a long time, and it can withstand rough and tough weather.
- The TRINITY rifle scope comes with 3-inch eye relief to protect your eye against heavy recoil.
- This scope has aircraft-grade aluminum housing that can prevent dust and sealed up to avoid being foggy.
Is There a Difference Between a Rifle Scope and a Shotgun Scope?
There are some primary differences involving rifle and shotgun scope. Here we will focus on some main differences between them:
The most significant difference between rifle and shotgun scope is distance limitation. People use a shotgun for short-distance targets and rifles for long-distance targets. That’s why shotgun scope can cover less than 100 yards, and they are specially made for that. On the other hand, rifles can take over 100 yards’ target. So they can easily cover more than 100 yards with precise aiming capability.
Magnification ranges vary in model and price range. The most rifle scope has a high range of magnification to aim and take down a long-distance target even if it is a small object. However, a shotgun scope comes with less magnification. Where a rifle scope has 5x magnification, usually shotgun scope has only 2x magnification.
Shotgun scope provides better eye relief to the user. A shotgun user can get position zero perfectly because shotgun scope recoil is comfortable and easy to hold the scope position. On the contrary, a rifle scope is ideal for long-range, and they are hard to hold position zero. Besides, recoil complexity depends on the magnification you used for aiming.
Reticle position is most important for precise and accurate shooting. There are many colors and shapes of reticle available for shooting. In the rifle scope, you can get a shooting point and other mathematical calculations. It depends on scope quality, but most rifle scopes provide target distance, wind flow, target range. Also, offer additional measures to cooperate with you to get a perfect shot.
As opposed to a rifle scope, a shotgun scope only shows shooting points. You won’t get any mathematical calculator on it as a rifle scope. The reason behind this, a shotgun for a short distance target, so you don’t need such a calculation to get an accurate shot.
If you have any further confusion between both scope, you should know that scope is the best for the gun, which they designed and made. Before getting any scope, you should clarify why and which gun you will use this scope.
Why Are Shotgun Scopes Are Best for Turkey Hunting?
Here is some reason why shotgun scopes are best for turkey hunting, read on to know more about it:
- Turkey usually moves rapidly, so the red dot scope can conveniently hit the target.
- A shotgun scope can utilize LED technology to create a clear and precise red dot to take down the target.
- Any shotgun scopes can improve accuracy and reduce parallax, which is ideal for turkey hunting.
- You can adjust your windage and elevation with a shotgun scope to hit a moving turkey.
- The shotgun scope consumes low power, and they are very dependable for long time operation.
In conclusion, when you will get a scope for your shotgun, you should consider its quality and longevity. Sometimes it is difficult to find a perfect short-range gun scope to take a precise shot and provide an accurate aim. Above, we talk about some of the best shotgun scope for turkey hunting; you also can use them for various purposes.
If you have any further confusion about which one is best for you, you can go for the Bushnell Trophy TRS-25 Red Dot scope. This red dot scope can take an instant shot and provide a clear and wide range of views. If you’re willing to hunt any fast-moving animals like deer, doves, turkey, this one would be the most suitable scope in an affordable range.