No matter how experienced a hunter you are, the smaller the target, the more difficult it is to knock it down. For that reason, getting the right scope for your rifle is crucial, and it’s important to select the right brand. Selecting the right scope brand will allow you to target precisely and shoot effectively. Vortex Optics is one of the best scope manufacturers based in the USA. You’re looking for a vortex scope, which means that you’re looking for the best in the line.
However, Vortex has a long list of options in the scope lineup from the smaller ones to the massive tactics scopes. You need the vortex scope reviews that guide you to decide the best vortex scope. Please stick to the article to get suggestions from our expert team and get a scope that can fulfill your plan with your next Hunting.
About Vortex Brand
Vortex Optics is one of the most reputed scope manufacturers in the optics market since 1986, based in the US. Vortex makes optical equipment for law enforcement agencies, outdoor sports events, wildlife activities, and so on. They are specialized in making binoculars, spotter scopes, especially for the rifle scopes. The best part about Vortex is that they try to give in the best possible quality optical equipment for their users.
Table of content:
These are the quick links to each part of the whole article that you can use for quick navigation:
- Best 3 Vortex Scope Reviews In 2021
- Is This Brand Product Easy To Use?
- Why Choose This Brand?
Here is a quick comparison chart of the vortex scopes we’ve chosen. You can have an instant grasp and our suggestion for the best in chronological order:
|Vortex Optics Crossfire II Second Focal Plane Riflescope||
||Check Price On Amazon|
|Vortex Optics Viper 6.5- SFP Riflescope||
||Check Price On Amazon|
|Vortex Optics Crossfire II 6-18×44 AO, SFP Riflescope||
||Check Price On Amazon|
Best 3 Vortex Scope Reviews In 2021
If you need vortex scope reviews to get the whole idea why we’ve chosen these scopes and how it can benefit you, here are the scope reviews:
1. Vortex Optics Viper 6.5-20×50 Parallax Adjustment Second Focal Plane Riflescopes
The Vortex Optics Viper started its journey from the US marine corps, which indicates the best possible quality from the scope. You can operate it in a tough environment as it comes with a Hard anodized finish for sturdy, rugged build quality. The 30 mm main tube with low dispersion lenses allows you to bullet holdover, estimate windage, and range.
Inside this sturdy tube, with a multi-coated premium finish, it offers the best color fidelity with XR coating on the lense. The lens can gather an enhanced amount of light. Hence it offers the Armortek coating that protects the lens itself. When it comes to hunting in a foggy, long-range area, this scope performs great with its fog proof design.
It comes with an O-ring sealed inside the lens, and it’s purged with argon so that you will get a waterproof application as well. You’ll get the Second Focal Plane along with the reticle of this scope, which makes it the best scope for 17 WSM. For accuracy in long-range, it offers drift correction, precision-force spring system with MAG-bar for easy and rapid changes in the magnification.
Vortex Optics Viper 6.5 Features:
- The scope is water and fog proof with argon-purged, high-fidelity lense inside.
- The MOA Reticle has a Mil-dot system and SFP (second focal plane) for a consistent visual.
- You’ll get a MAG-bar along with the knobs for a rapid and easy changeability in the magnification.
- You’re getting a scope, built with aircraft-grade shockproof aluminum single-piece tube.
- It has XD coating for the body and XR coating for lenses to give it more durability.
2. Vortex Optics Crossfire II 6-18×44 AO, SFP Riflescope
The Vortex Optics Crossfire II comes with an O-ring seal for waterproof operation in the rough shooting site. It offers a Nitrogen purged tube with the lenses which enable you to operate in a foggy environment as well. The lenses of this scope come with color fidelity technology for a clear and bright appearance. Its lenses are multi-coated with an anti-reflective design for the best possible target penetration.
These lenses are also fast-focusing and come with SFP reticle cross, which maintains the appearance while magnifying. You can keep magnifying for long-range shooting, but the crossfire will stay the same in size. You can use this scope in both Hunting and tactical mode because of its versatile setup for all-terrain. Moreover, it has a windage adjustment knob to make sure you don’t miss a long shot.
Its Dead-hold reticle custom dot design helps you eliminate guess shooting. The scope has the Second focal plane technology for better MOA reticle. For even better adjustment, it offers a dedicated objective adjustment knob. For durability and reliability, it has a single-piece hard-anodized aircraft-grade aluminum tube construction that gives you rigid and sturdy support while shooting.
Vortex Optics Crossfire Features:
- This scope comes with the second focal plane for MOA reticles without missing targets.
- It comes with a fast focusing eyepiece that has a dedicated knob for adjustment.
- You’re getting a single-piece solid construction with an O-ring waterproofing seal.
- It can operate in any environment with its Nitrogen purged design for Fog proof operation.
- The scope has a holdover and wind drift correction technology with a dedicated knob for accurate shots.
3. Vortex Optics Crossfire II 2-7×32 Rimfire, Second Focal Plane
This Vortex scope is perfect for any reticle-intended hunting because of its multiple adjustabilities in both the sighting and focusing. It comes with a quick and fast focusing technology with a dedicated dial. If you’re looking for the best scope for 22lr squirrel hunting without missing a shot, it should be your next target.
The knob also allows you to adjust the reticle and clear the way out for your target. Its reticle comes with the Second focal plane design that stays the same no matter how much magnification you put in. If you’re worried about windage problems in harsh shooting sights, it comes with windage adjustment technology. It has a dedicated knob as well as an elevation adjustment knob.
For the lens, you’re getting a fully waterproof scope supported by an O-ring seal in the openings. It also comes with a nitrogen-purged sealing to make it Fog proof and to give you a clear vision to the target. While using it, you’ll get a longer eye relief with its forgiving eye box. Its build construction comes extraordinary with an aircraft-grade single-piece aluminum shockproof 1-inch solid diameter construction.
Vortex Optics Crossfire Features:
- This scope comes with a V-plex reticle design for all-purpose hunting capability.
- It’s completely waterproof and fog proof with an O-ring seal and Nitrogen inside.
- You can have a longer eye relief with its fast focusing eyesight.
- The lenses are multi-coated for better longevity, and they are anti-reflective.
- It has the second focal plane reticle that doesn’t change when you magnify.
Is This Brand Product Easy To Use?
When it comes to rifle scopes, the ease of use is a must-have thing, and it depends on a lot of considerations in the scope. Vortex designs its scopes, making sure the scope will be easy to use. To give you some example, here are some design concerns of vortex scopes:
- Vortex scopes are sturdy and rugged enough to survive in any harsh environment because of their solid one-piece build with aircraft-grade aluminum.
- Any scope from this brand has a signature feature, and that’s its usability in both Hunting and tactical mode.
Why Choose This Brand?
Vortex Optics has been in the scope market for quite a long time with a high reputation for a lot of reasons. Here are some technical aspects of vortex scopes that will make you move:
- Vortex scopes are both water and Fog proof; they use the O-ring for waterproofing and nitrogen or argon gas for making it Fog proof.
- They come with the Second Focal Plane (SFP) technology that visually keeps in the same shape when you magnify the target.
- You can use the MAG-bar of the scopes for easy and rapid changes in the magnification and quick fixes in the target visualization.
Frequently Asked Questions
These are the answers to the most frequently asked questions about Vortex and its scopes that you might want to know:
Are any vortex scopes made in the USA?
Depending on different models, vortex scopes are made in the US, Japan, the Philippines, and China.
Are all Vortex scopes made in China?
No, Most of the vortex scopes are from the US, Japan, and the Philippines.
Is Vortex made by Leupold?
They are both different companies based in the US, and Leupold makes most of the vortex scopes.
Choosing the right rifle scope depends on how you are planning to use it. Luckily, the vortex rifle scopes can support you no matter if you’re Hunting or going tactical. I hope these vortex scope reviews helped you get the rifle scope you need for your next adventure.
However, if you’re still confused about the best overall, I can suggest you get the Vortex Optics Viper 6.5-20×50. This scope comes with some very high-end features like Fogg and waterproof and versatile usability in harsh conditions. It offers a high-fidelity lens for a clear vision with the Mil-dot MOA reticle system. It has XD and XR coating for the body and the lenses for extra support as well.